Slip and Fall accidents can unfortunately cause serious and disabling injuries. These injuries may include brain damage, paralysis, compound fractures and even death.
In fact, consider these statistics from the National Safety Council:
- An average of 16,000 people die from slips and falls annually.
- Slip and fall injuries are the number-one reason people go to the emergency room.
The attorneys at Abramson & O’Connell, LLC take severe fall injuries very seriously. Our combined 50 years of personal injury law experience helps us take on the most complex of cases successfully. If your family is dealing with the aftermath of a serious slip and fall injury, please schedule a telephone consultation to discuss your options.
Premises Liability Law
Premises liability law requires that property owners and managers use reasonable care to keep their premises safe. That care may require regular inspections to ensure conditions are safe, providing warning when there is a risk of harm, and performing the necessary maintenance that will keep the property safe for others.
In addition to property owners and managers, entities that have been held accountable for serious slip and fall injuries include:
- Parent corporations
- Service providers
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Local, state and federal government entities
Causes of Serious Slip and Fall Accidents
Just a few of the types of hazards that can cause traumatic fall accidents include:
- Potholes or cracks in pavement
- Wet floors or icy sidewalks/parking lots
- Loose boards or failing steps/stairs
- High areas without guardrails or other fall protection
- No handrails in necessary areas
- Uncovered manhole or other underground area
- Inadequate lighting
- Debris or obstructions left in a walkway
- Poor electrical wiring
- Poor building design
- Defective flooring