When we put our health and medical care into the hands of a physician, surgeon or other healthcare professional, we trust that they are paying close attention to our healthcare needs, and providing us with an appropriate standard of care.
The Columbus, Ohio medical malpractice lawyers at Abramson & O’Connell, LLC collectively have more than five decades of litigation experience and have handled numerous medical malpractice lawsuits. If you have questions about a specific case of medical malpractice, please start with a no-cost, confidential telephone consultation with our legal team.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a primary care doctor, specialist, surgeon, nurse or other healthcare provider is negligent in treating a medical condition by not providing a reasonable standard of care to a patient. The negligence can be the result of a wrong action taken or a failure to take an appropriate action.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
At Abramson & O’Connell, LLC, we handle a wide range of medical malpractice cases, including the following:
- Birth injuries, including cerebral palsy and Erb’s palsy
- Surgical errors and negligent postoperative care made prior, during or after a surgery
- Sinus surgery errors, which may result in vision loss or even brain damage
- Medication errors
- Anesthesia mistakes, including the failure to properly monitor vital signs
- Delaying treatment of a medical condition
- Failure to diagnose cancer, strokes and other serious medical conditions
- Unnecessary surgeries leading to serious injuries
- Cosmetic surgeries leading to serious injuries
Legal Representation for Medical Malpractice
Patients who are victims of medical malpractice have the right to receive financial compensation for factors such as ongoing medical care, rehabilitation, loss of income, and pain and suffering.
Medical malpractice lawsuits are complex and highly technical. The legal team of Lawrence D. Abramson and Thomas J. O’Connell is proud to make the commitment to handle these complicated cases.
If you or someone you love has been injured by a healthcare professional’s negligence, please contact the Columbus, Ohio medical malpractice attorneys at Abramson & O’Connell, LLC today to schedule a confidential telephone consultation. We work on a contingency basis, which means we do not get paid unless we recover compensation in your case.